Meta – music tag editor is a complete tool that helps you manage your digital music collection. It allows for easily editing audio metadata (tags) such as a song’s artist, title, album, artwork, etc…
• Supported Formats:
– Audio files: .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .flac .ogg .oga .opus .speex .wav .aiff .dsf .dsdiff
– Metadata: ID3v1, ID3v2.3/v2.4, APE, MP4, Vorbis, INFO Tags.
– Straightforward, native user interface that follows macOS’ Standards.
– Batch Editing: Apply changes to a selection of files at once.
– Preview audio and artworks without leaving Meta, using Quick Look.
– Perform string transformations.
– Find and replace text, or regular expressions.
– Rename files, extract tags from file names, or even create directories by specifying metadata patterns.
– Easily set or export album artworks using drag & drop.
– Adjust artworks (scale, crop, compress) either on demand, or automatically upon adding new artwork, to keep your audio files size to a minimum.
…and there’s more:
– Generate track number sequences: just choose an index and increment, and Meta will do the rest.
– Batch cut/copy/paste metadata: very useful in-app, and to exchange data with Numbers or Excel spreadsheets as CSV.
– Take advantage of handy file operations, in-app (move, delete, open with, reveal in finder, etc…)
– Utility popovers that help you edit long text (lyrics, comments), BPM (tap tempo), or dates so you don’t have to worry about what format to use.
• iTunes Friendly:
Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata once edited in Meta.
Optionally get autocomplete suggestions from iTunes’s database.
• Meta’s Interface can be Customised:
View Configurations allow you to define lists of tags you want to view/edit.
You can then quickly switch between configurations, depending on your needs (for example: common, advanced, sorting, podcast-related, etc…)
• Fast, Clean, and Reliable:
Edits are instantaneous. Any changes can easily be undone.
And most of all, Meta is powered by Taglib: a well-tested, open-source tagging engine.
Introducing Cover Finder!
Simply click on the magnifying glass icon in the new artwork toolbar, or choose Edit > Artwork > Find Artwork… to see it in action.What’s New?
– New Cover Finder! (In-app purchase)
– New handy artwork toolbar
– macOS 10.10 is now the required minimum system version to run Meta